2017年5月29日 星期一

Matt Isakowitz

Matthew Scott Isakowitz

"Matthew found inspiration in Carl Sagan's words, "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Matthew's invaluable contributions to the field of commercial spaceflight included working at Astranis, Planetary Resources, the Commercial Spaceflight Federation, Space Adventures, SpaceX, and the XPRIZE Foundation. He was loved by so many and will be greatly missed."

Keith's note: I am just startled and shattered by this. Matt was everything you wanted in a space explorer and crammed so much into his all too short life. He was smart, bubbling with enthusiasm, and always ready to tackle a new challenge. I first met Matt in May 2002 at the AIA rocket launch competition here in Virginia. I went to hear Sean O'Keefe officiate at the competition - his father Steve worked for O'Keefe at the time. I first saw Matt when I spotted his father with several kids in tow. Due to the recent rain we were all covered in mud to some extent. Matt was still a young boy and I recall that he was clearly excited by all of the rocket launches he was seeing. Over the years I'd see Matt regularly and watched him become quite the space professional. Despite his age, he was fun to debate issues with since he actually knew what he was talking about. I do not know what happened. Matt was one of those people whose accomplishments I had expected to read about in my old age. Ad Astra.

Matthew S. Isakowitz,(blog)



from NASA Watch http://ift.tt/2qzsnpS
via IFTTT

沒有留言:

張貼留言