2016年6月12日 星期日

NASA Astrobiology Grant Revisits "Contact" Memes

Senator: "Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony and concede...that this journey to the center of the galaxy never took place?"

Dr. Arroway: "Because I can't. I had an experience. I can't prove it. I can't even explain it. But everything I know as a human being, everything I am ... tells me it was real. I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever. A vision ... of the universe ... that tells us undeniably ... how tiny and insignificant ...and how rare and precious we all are. A vision that tells us that we belong to something ...that is greater than ourselves, that none of us are alone. I wish I could share that. I wish ... that everyone, if even for one ... moment ... could feel ...that awe and humility and hope. That continues to be my wish."

Center of Theological Inquiry, CTI

"The Center of Theological Inquiry (CTI) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a grant by the NASA Astrobiology Program to convene an interdisciplinary inquiry into the societal implications of the search for life in the universe."

Why Did NASA Issue a $1.1 Million Grant to Study How Alien Life Could Impact Christianity?

"To put that another way, NASA made a million-dollar donation to a religious group so that it could study how the discovery of extraterrestrial life would impact Christianity. Why is NASA funding any sort of dialogue about the intersection of science and religion?"

NASA, Jesus & Templeton?, Huffington Post

"The attempt by Templeton to insinuate its divine motive into science is aided by the failure of science to understand the origin and evolution of life. Templeton funds many projects in these two areas seemingly not to find answers but to factor in religion."

'Contact' Is The Forgotten '90s Sci-Fi Film You Need To Revisit, Bustle

"The film explores ethical, moral, and scientific dilemmas that come from humanity interacting with other species in thought-provoking ways, and the fact that it features an intelligent, emotional, complex woman at its center is the cherry on top."



from NASA Watch http://ift.tt/1U35Bz1
via IFTTT

沒有留言:

張貼留言