2017年1月27日 星期五

Apollo 1

'We have a fire in the cockpit!' The Apollo 1 disaster 50 years later, Washington Post

"The fire made NASA personnel more aware and focused on "quality control," said Charlie Duke, another astronaut. [Walt] Cunningham, who was on the backup crew, said it didn't really change him as an astronaut, but "may have given me a little bit more mental commitment to not go along with some of the things on the design, and what-have-you." After the fire, Sieck said, personnel did speak up more. "There was a lot more questioning of, 'well, please explain this to me,'" Sieck said. "'I see what's here, I hear what you're saying, but tell me more. I don't totally understand it.'" It was a lesson NASA would have to learn again after the space shuttle Challenger disaster. And again after the space shuttle Columbia disaster."

Additional Cosponsors Sought For Apollo 1 Arlington Memorial Legislation, earlier post



from NASA Watch http://ift.tt/2kBnZZ4
via IFTTT

沒有留言:

張貼留言